Thursday, May 5, 2011

My first foray into Photoshop

Hello dear readers,

Where I work, we have a graphics department.  I do not know how to make ANY sort of graphics other than the childish scrawlings that I have done with Paint (that's Windows folks).  So I figured, I'm a grown up, time to learn grown up things.  I'm going to learn how to use that damned Photoshop. I figured the easiest assignment I can give myself is to create a graph. 

Here is my first attempt. As you can see, I couldn't even figure out how to put lines in there. All I could figured out is how to put text. Not even a background color.


Attempt number 2.  I sloppily draw, without a fancy wacom tablet mind you, something I used to do in 8th grade math class, a hyperbola.  Oh, and I still got to keep the age.  I got laughed out of my cubicle when I was showing my coworkers my attempt at making a graph.  I definitely lost respect.
Finally! I get the graph done.  I don't like the color scheme too much (for some reason, I couldn't figure out how to change the background image).  You wouldn't believe how many people it took to figure out how to make the text written on the side like that or how to draw that damned red line (I had to do it like 10 times). But finally, I got it done.




Anyway, I'm actually going to use this graph for a separate entry but I wanted you to know the blood, sweat and tears I went through to get this done.


The End.


No comments:

Post a Comment